Privacy and Cookies Policy
Table of Contents
DefinitionsPersonal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data. Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed. Child – a natural person under 16 years of age. We/us (either capitalized or not) – climateservices.it or CNR-IBE.
Data Protection PrinciplesWe promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s rightsThe Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
ChildrenWe do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services (IP Anonymised)
Browsing dataThe IT systems and software procedures for the operation of this website acquire, during normal operation, some data the transmission of which is implicit in the use of Internet communication protocols. This is information that is not collected to be associated with identified parties concerned, but that by its very nature could, through processing and association with data held by third parties, allow identifying users. This category of data includes IP addresses or domain names of computers used by users that connect to the website, URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) addresses of the resources requested, the time of the request, the method used to submit the request to the server, the size of the file obtained in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the response from the server (successful, error, etc.) and other parameters regarding the operating system and the user’s IT environment. This data is only used to obtain anonymous, statistical information regarding website use and to verify its correct operation. The data may be used to ascertain liability in the event of hypothetical computer crimes against the website. Site Security To ensure a good level of security, and to prevent hackers’ attacks, this website uses a security function managed by a specific pluginiTheme Security https://ithemes.com/security/. This protection system allows banning malicious users blocking their IP address. This plugin uses also blacklists lists.
Matomo AnalyticsThe services contained in this section enable the Owner to monitor and analyze web traffic and can be used to keep track of User behaviour. Matomo Analytics with anonymized IP In order to correctly analyse how the Site is used, the Data Controller uses the Matomo web analysis service on its own web server located in the European Union. Matomo collects information on how Users use the Site, which is then transmitted by the User’s browser directly to our server and is not shared with third party services. Matomo uses this information for the purpose of evaluating the User’s use of the Site and to return reports that are useful to the Data Controller in order to better understand the User’s preferences. This information may be transmitted to third parties where required by law or where such third parties are expressly authorised to process the information on behalf of the Owner. We do not use profiling cookies No profiling cookies are used. Cookies are not used for either personalised or non-personalised third-party advertising.
Interaction with social mediaThis type of service allows interaction with social networks or other external platforms directly from the pages of this Application. The interaction and information obtained through this Application are always subject to the User’s privacy settings for each social network. This type of service might still collect traffic data for the pages where the service is installed, even when Users do not use it.
Security LogsThe IP address of visitors, user ID of logged in users, and username of login attempts are conditionally logged to check for malicious activity and to protect the site from specific kinds of attacks. Examples of conditions when logging occurs include login attempts, log out requests, requests for suspicious URLs, changes to site content, and password updates. This information is retained for 60 days.
Other Third party ServicesFlipsnack, Data Wrapper, ArcGIS Online.
- Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Apple Safari