International aid for climate change adaptation in West Africa is increasing exponentially, but our understanding of hydroclimatic risks is not keeping pace with that increase. The aim of this article is to develop a multihazard risk assessment on a regional scale based on existing information that can be repeated over time and space and that will be useful during decision-making processes. This assessment was conducted in Dosso (Niger), the region most hit by flooding in the country, with the highest hydroclimatic risk in West Africa. The assessment characterizes the climate, identifies hazards, and analyzes multihazard risk over the 2011–2017 period for each of the region’s 43 municipalities. Hazards and risk level are compared to the intervention areas and actions of 6 municipal development plans and 12 adaptation and resilience projects. Over the past seven years, heavy precipitation and dry spells in the Dosso region have been more frequent than during the previous 30-year period. As many as 606 settlements have been repeatedly hit and 15 municipalities are classified as being at elevated-to-severe multihazard risk. The geographical distribution of the adaptation and resilience projects does not reflect the risk level. A third of the local development plans examined propose actions that are inconsistent with the main hydroclimatic threats.
This page describes the management procedures of the CNR-IbeClimate Services Initiative website in relation to the processing of personal data of its users. This policy is also provided pursuant to GDPR for the protection of personal data to those that interact with the services of CNR-Ibe, that are accessible electronically and related to the domain: climateservices.it
The disclosure is provided for the climateservices.it website only and not for other websites that may be accessed by the user through links.
This website is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us at if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
Table of Contents
- Definitions used in this Policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
- What Personal Data we gather about you
- Information about cookies
- Contact information
- Data Controller, Data Processor, Data Protection Officer
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject - a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child - a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us (either capitalized or not) – climateservices.it or CNR-Ibimet
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you with information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to its purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of the data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject's rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Data we gather
Information user could provide
This might be e-mail address and name. At present this website does not collect any personal data. If this approach will change you will be asked to give your explicit consent prior to giving you personal data.
Information automatically collected
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. This information is used to improve your user experience. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
Publicly available information
We might gather information about you that is publicly available.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies or not accept our cookies policy through the banner displayed entering our website, or at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – These cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don't collect any personal information.
- Analytics cookies - These cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services (IP Anonymised)
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Read below our Cookies Policy for further information about cookies we use.
The IT systems and software procedures for the operation of this website acquire, during normal operation, some data the transmission of which is implicit in the use of Internet communication protocols. This is information that is not collected to be associated with identified parties concerned, but that by its very nature could, through processing and association with data held by third parties, allow identifying users. This category of data includes IP addresses or domain names of computers used by users that connect to the website, URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) addresses of the resources requested, the time of the request, the method used to submit the request to the server, the size of the file obtained in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the response from the server (successful, error, etc.) and other parameters regarding the operating system and the user's IT environment. This data is only used to obtain anonymous, statistical information regarding website use and to verify its correct operation. The data may be used to ascertain liability in the event of hypothetical computer crimes against the website.
To ensure a good level of security, and to prevent hackers' attacks, this website uses a security function managed by a specific plugin iTheme Security https://ithemes.com/security/. This protection system allows banning malicious users blocking their IP address. This plugin uses also blacklists lists.
This type of service analyzes the traffic of this Application, potentially containing Users' Personal Data, with the purpose of filtering it from parts of traffic, messages, and content that are recognized as SPAM.
Akismet (Automattic Inc.)
Akismet is a SPAM protection service provided by Automattic Inc.
The services contained in this section enable the Owner to monitor and analyze web traffic and can be used to keep track of User behaviour.
Google Analytics with anonymized IP (Google Inc.)
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilizes the Data collected to track and examine the use of this Application, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
Google may use the Data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
This integration of Google Analytics anonymizes your IP address. It works by shortening Users' IP addresses within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the complete IP address be sent to a Google server and shortened within the US.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
For more information on the usage of cookies by Google Analytics please see the Google website. A link to the privacy advice for this product is provided below for your convenience.
Google Maps (Google Inc.)
Google Maps is a map visualization service managed by Google Inc. it allows maps to be integrated within site pages.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
This type of service allows you to view content hosted on external platforms directly from the pages of this Application and interact with them. This type of service might still collect web traffic data for the pages where the service is installed, even when Users do not use it.
YouTube video widget (Google Inc.)
YouTube is a video content visualization service provided by Google Inc. that allows this Application to incorporate the content of this kind on its pages.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
Interaction with social media
This type of service allows interaction with social networks or other external platforms directly from the pages of this Application. The interaction and information obtained through this Application are always subject to the User’s privacy settings for each social network. This type of service might still collect traffic data for the pages where the service is installed, even when Users do not use it.
The IP address of visitors, user ID of logged in users, and username of login attempts are conditionally logged to check for malicious activity and to protect the site from specific kinds of attacks. Examples of conditions when logging occurs include login attempts, log out requests, requests for suspicious URLs, changes to site content, and password updates. This information is retained for 60 days.
How we share your data
Data Retention & Sharing
Security logs are retained for 60 days.
Smush sends images to the WPMU DEV servers to optimize them for web use. This includes the transfer of EXIF data. The EXIF data will either be stripped or returned as it is. It is not stored on the WPMU DEV servers.
Smush uses a third-party email service (Drip) to send informational emails to the site administrator. The administrator's email address is sent to Drip and a cookie is set by the service. Only administrator information is collected by Drip.
Akismet (Automattic Inc.)
Akismet is an anti-SPAM service provided by Automattic Inc.
- Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Apple Safari
We very much welcome and actively encourage your feedback on this site. The site is being constantly developed, so we encourage you to provide feedback to ensure that future iterations meet your needs. This project is seen by us as a collaborative one between CNR-Ibimet and yourselves so do get in touch and help shape future direction. We will not pass on any of your personal information when dealing with your enquiry unless you have given us permission to do so. Once we have replied to you, we keep a record of your message for audit purposes.
Contact & Communication
Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use.
This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products / services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
via Giovanni Caproni 8 - I-50145 Firenze, Italia | P.IVA 02118311006 - C.F. 80054330586
CNR - Data Controller, Data Processor, Data Protection Officer
The data controller is Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche is in the person of its legal representative pro tempore, the President. CNR is based in Roma, Piazzale Aldo Moro, 7 – Roma.
DPO/RDP: dott. Giuliano Salberini, CNR , Roma - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Processor: Antonio Raschi, Director of the Ibimet, Istituto di Biometeorologia, CNR.
For any communication, request and other data subjects, please contact the person in charge of processing personal data at the e-mail address email@example.com
For more information or updates on privacy, please visit the site of the Guarantor for the protection of personal data at www.garanteprivacy.it.
Last modification was made 21st of May 2020.