On 28 September 2022 took place the webinar “Drought: Climate Change and Water Management” organised by the Italian Embassy in Lisbon in collaboration with the Italian Chamber of Commerce for Portugal and the Italian Trade Agency – ICE, in the framework of the Festival Sviluppo Sostenibile 2022 (2022 Festival for Sustainable Development).
The meeting focused on the challenges and opportunities for collaboration between Italy and Portugal on such a widespread and complex phenomenon, that requires urgent strategies as the economic and social costs of the impact of droughts are increasing.
The webinar, moderated by Santi Cianci – President of the Italian Chamber of Commerce for Portugal, featured as panellists:
– José Manuel Duarte da Costa, Head of the Portuguese Civil Protection,
– Nuno Banza, President of the Board of the Institute of Nature Conservation and Forestry and coordinator of the OND, Observatório Nacional da Desertificação,
– Ramona Magno, Head of the Drought Observatory of the Bioeconomy Institute of the National Research Council
– Maria Luisa Cinquerrui, CEO Smartisland Group
– Micael Couceiro, CEO of Ingeniarius.
The Panelists Nuno Banza and ramona Magno highlighted “the need for a paradigm shift to focus action on drought risk management rather than its consequences” (cit. ANSA).
Watch the video